test for mold?

Carol Beigel crbrpt@bellatlantic.net
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 19:19:04 -0400

Is there anything like a litmus test for mold?  I examined a piano that was
in a trailer that leaked, and can find no moisture damage or mold.  However,
some of the other furniture did have moldy growths.  The piano apparently
was wrapped in six blankets.  I could not see any mold, smell any mold; the
keys went back to rest under their own weight, the piano was flat, etc.
There was no rust anywhere.  The problem is what if there is something
deadly growing in there that cannot be seen.  How soon could something grow
that I cannot see now?  Would a black light see anything?  What would you
do?

Carol Beigel