test for mold?

Richard Oliver Snelson rsnelson@bwsys.net
Wed, 03 Sep 2003 18:33:37 -0500

I have a grand that was stored for several years in a (damp) warehouse.
I brought it too my shop three years ago. Mold is now showing up on the
bridge top and sides. I've rubbed (brushed) it down with acetone and it
seems to stop it cold. Alcohol also seems to work. I choose those two
items because I could not see them causing any damage to the strings or
wood. Both evaporate quickly. Rich