The J. Lo of the piano

RptBob1@aol.com RptBob1@aol.com
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 16:14:33 EDT

Hi;
He just performed at the Blossom Music Center with the Cleveland Orchestra in
the Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto No.2.

It was a very disappointing performance especially the first movement where
he dragged the tempo down far below the MM.  It was listless and probably took
3 minutes longer than that movement normally commands.

His motions were exaggerated and sometimes got to the point that I had to
look away from the piano to keep from getting seasick (a slight exaggeration
here).

I saw Lang Lang two years ago-again at the Blossom Festival- and thought he
was wonderful.  I wonder what happened over these past several seasons.

Bob Bergantino, RPT
Willoughby Hills, Ohio