soundboard buzz

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Mon, 1 Sep 2003 23:54:55 -0400

At 10:36 PM -0500 9/1/03, Mike Bratcher wrote:
>My first try was going to be to drill out the dowels in the ribs and
>replace without taking the bridge off.  It really sounds like the
>buzz is coming from this one rib/bridge "foot".
>
>Any takers?

Just a thought. You might check to see that the nose bolt at the
crossing of the plate struts has good clearance. I once got rid of a
small but annoying Bronx cheer in a 60-year-old B board at that spot.
The nose bolt was off-center to he board hole, and right at that gap
hanging on the edge of the hole, was a dried drip of varnish. (I love
it, something to rescue us from eighteen various posts on "Function
of the Rim". Yeah it's been a slow and rainy weekend here too.. <g>)

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"Garth, Take me!"
"Where? I'm low on gas and you need a jacket"
     ...........Kim Bassinger and Dana Carvey in "Wayne's World 2"