String Removal during Restring with Original Pins

Sat, 04 Oct 2003 10:17:59 +0200

Hi Bill..

I've never done this particular job... always figured if you had to change
strings.. the pins were logical to change as well... but I have changed pins
whilst leaving old strings on. Done this many a time in my earlier years.
Usually, I just do one at a time instead of taking off a whole section. Course
you will have to remove the bass strings to get them out of the way... but
shouldnt be a biggie.

Course you already know about not turning out the origional pins more then
perhaps a turn or two. What kind of a coil making device do you use btw ?

RicB

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.