capo improvement suggestions: front duplex vibration

Michael Gebhardt michael.gebhardt@swipnet.se
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 18:00:33 +0100

On Saturday 25 January 2003 17.44, Marcel Carey wrote:

> The contact surface is much larger under the
> half agraffe than under the capo bar. Some will say it is
> better to have a smaller area of contact to improve
> clarity, but I still wonder.

Interesting. I wonder anyway, by which mechanism the front
duplex section of the string is supposed to vibrate. Isn't
it accusticaly separet from the main ringing section of the
string. With back duplex, it seems understandable that the
soundboard throught the bridge will get the back duplex
section into vibration, but with front duplex?