Moving Damper Guide Rails

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:35:25 -0500

> Given all that.... do you "put" the Steinway name and decal back the way you
> found it ? Not that I object to basically totally re-designing the
> instrument.... but if you do.... how do you justify calling it a Steinway ?....
> It's easily as much a Trout by then eh ?

I thought we just went through all that a while back?

A 1970 Ford Mustang that has TRW 12:1 pistons, a stroked crank, a Wieand hi-rise aluminum manifold, a Holley 850 cfm double pumper dual feed carburetor, Hooker headers, Muncie wide ratio transmission, balanced driveshaft, 4.88 rear end gears, etc., etc., etc. is still a Ford Mustang.

I think the only time we need consider a need for changing the name on a rewhatevered object is if it goes into full-scale remanufacturing to a set design and available at some level of large scale. Perhaps like the Shelby Mustang. Obviously there is some grey area there. And yes, if one were selling a significantly modified thingee, I feel it would be appropriate to tell of the modifications - but if it had a manufacturers sticker on it before, I think generally it is A-ok to put the sticker back.

Even Andre Bolduc who says not to change a thing - doesn't he cut a curve into his soundboard ribs? Gee wizz, isn't that kinda like playing God?

IMHO, all this is much ado about nothing.

Terry Farrell