Moving Damper Guide Rails

Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:18:48 +0100

Brian Trout wrote:

> It was my opinion that he was saying that the unequal length of the strings
> somehow added to the body of tone in such a way as to give it a fuller sound.
> Yes, it was intentional, and from what I remember, he encouraged us to put it
> back the way we found it.

Obviously... what some would call  "rich, full bodied, supple, responsive,
nicely rounded, sensuous, even seductive....." others would call "bereft, bony,
harsh, aversive, crass edged, repugnant, even repulsive". Some like em big and
round, others like em small and flat.  Personally, as long as they dont whop me
upside the head... I generally can live with them :)

> I'll have to admit, I differ in my beliefs.

In which beliefs do you differ with yourself ? :)

> That's the earliest I know about unequal string lengths on purpose.  I
> wouldn't be suprised by someone like Jonas Chickering having had a round
> with the idea long before.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Brian T.

When it comes down to it, this along with many other things creates an affect
that some like (for a variety of reasons) , some dont (for equally various
reasons). As long as its not sloppy... I guess I can remain mildly nutritious.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.