Delignit

Paul Chick (EarthLink) tune4@earthlink.net
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 08:34:06 -0600

Ron

You stated switching from the multi-lam. rotary cut pin block stock to
Delignit.  I've been using the mutli-lam. for years with no difficulties.
Recently, I started helping a company that uses only Delignit in their
re-whatevering.  The pin feel in their blocks is improving, but I can't say
yet that I'd switch to Delignit. My guess the block is drilled with a jobber
bit in one pass, several plunges.  Many new pianos sold in this area have
the multi-lam. block, and few complaints are heard from local tuners about
it, so I use it.  The Baldwins sold in this area with a Delignit type block
are very tight for awhile, and a loose pin IS loose and stays loose.  The
multi-lam. is more forgiving for pin size variations, and drills very well
in one pass with a parabolic bit.  This bit replaces a two pass drilling
method with the same results.  Just wondering if you'd share your reasons
for switching.

Paul Chick