Pinblock Plugs, was: Nice Baldwin Pinblock

Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:48:18 -0600

>p.s. I have never plugged an entire block...though mechanically it probably
>would be fine given a solid old block to be plugged....seems like it would be
>faster to just replace the block with new.....I suppose it depends on the
>circumstances, etc??
>Jim Bryant (FL)

A circumstance like a Chickering 4 section block, fr'instance, or a square.

Generally you will find that the 1/2" bores will overlap so you have to
drill and plug in stages.  (sometimes 3 or 4 for tight set pins)

You _will_ make a lot of sawdust.

I never went all the through, leaving about 1/8" for structural and
ęsthetic reasons. BTW, I used yellow Elmers back then ('85/86) with good
results.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician
Vox-(563)-387-1204 // Fax (563)-387-1076

- People never grow up, they just learn how to act in public. -Bryan White