Sorry folks, I guess that was a bit harsh. ( Screws, Beautiful Screws )

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 11:28:38 -0600

>     But this attitude was confirmed recently when I
>was surprised  to learn that Disclavier systems come
>in several "grades"!  When I asked our local
>Yamaharley representative whether the buyer is
>informed as to which grade they are getting, he said
>( with great concern in his voice )  "No, that would
>only confuse them!" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>      I rest my case.

Hi Gordon,
                  You are way off side once again.  Please check your
facts. They are made to the same grade of construction, but there are
several models, with different features offered.
E.g.  Play back only, record/play back ect.

The Disklavier is offered for most Yamaha models. So there is choice for
the consumer.
The price difference  of a GC1 and C1 grand will make it obvious to the
consumer that there must be a difference in GRADE of these two grands.  The
price of the Disklavier, if it's the same featured unit, is the same for
both grands.

There is a fair amount of standardization of manufacture of the mechanics
and electronics, for production.  Just added Features for the top of the
line Disklaviers.

Regards Roger