Yamaha, oh Yamaha.................

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 20:19:18 -0800 (PST)

> There is a fair amount of standardization of
> manufacture of the mechanics
> and electronics, for production.  Just added
> Features for the top of the
> line Disklaviers.
>
> Regards Roger

Thanks, Roger,
    I was a little grouchy yesterday.
    But I have met many Yamaha owners oblivious to the
fact that theirs is the "furniture grade" grand, and
not the "artist's " line!  ( Or that there is even a
difference! )  Now, this may be shenanigans on the
part of the person who sold it to them, and not any
intentional deviousness on the part of Yamaha Corp..
But that does not make it any easier to explain to
these people, who may have spent what they CONSIDER a
lot of money, why their piano sounds so, well,"uckie"!
    As for the reproducing system: this salesperson
told me specifically that some Disclkaviers have
better dynamic capabilities than others. Is this so?
     Respectfully,
     Gordon