What do I do with Story&Clark/Yamaha 158 grand?

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 10:31:09 -0600

Hi Gordon,
                   CA does not work too well on Yamaha or Kawai's.   The
plate bushings, are in fact plate plugs.   Grain running horizontal, not
vertical like North American pianos.  Very little glue gets to where it
needs to be.
To be effective, the piano needs to be flipped upside down, and the CA run
in from the bottom of the tuning pin hole.  This will yield very good
results in most cases.
The nice thing about doing it from the bottom, is the repair is invisible.
The best solution, is to repin, this age and quality of piano deserves it.
Regards Roger