What do I do with Story&Clark/Yamaha 158 grand?

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 07:01:08 -0800 (PST)

Cosmetically, though, the piano is quite nice and the
pins have been driven to the point that any wandering
CA between them, on top of the plate, would harden to
a lovely web between plate and wire! Usually I keep
twisted up Kleenex (TM) handy to quickly wick up any
wandering CA, but this does not work well when it gets
beneath low-lying strings. I think I might just flip
this one over and do the 3-bottles-of Pin-Tite over a
weeks period from the block underside. I'd rather use
CA, but in this attitude I fear it might run over the
coils and make a ugly mess! I'm also concerned about
permanently gluing the plate into the piano, so I
don't usually CA nice grands. Not much, anyhow.
     Thump