Steinway bashing, cont.

Sat, 22 Feb 2003 12:47:32 +0100

gordon stelter wrote:

> Yes, and not particularly wonderful ones, either!
> I recently had the pleasure of playing some new
> Petrofs. WOW! The under-6-foot grand I tried
> demolished the new "S&S" B's at the University, in
> every department!!!!!

Speaking as one who has 20 + years working with Petrofs in all sizes and
sorts, and in all situations... I can only giggle at this comment. Put
them on a reasonably heavy useage load, and wait 5 years and tell me
this. That being said... I have always said the Petrof has this really
nice general sound. Had they combined what they do right, with the
presicion and all around high quality workmanship of Yamahas... well ...
THEN they would have a piano that could hamle up with Steinways. At
least this is true if one is comparing to Hamburg S&S.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.