Steinway Bashing........

Phil Bondi tito@philbondi.com
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 05:29:15 -0500

> BUT, the fact remains, the Steinway gots "Balls"! (and for the most part,
> that's a good thing!)

so why change?

be thankful that there's lots pf carcuses out there waiting, and in some
cases, wanting to be re-whatevered to its original glorious state.

Sometimes I think the Steinway bashing is alot of fluff and no stuff. I
don't participate in it..partially because I like them as instruments and as
potential money makers for me for a long time to come.

I personally don't have a problem with the Sostenuto config., but then
again, I have not had the pleasure to re-whatever one yet either.

A person who reads this list visited the factory recently, and was telling
me of his experience there. It takes a looong time to get the approval to
change just one screw in the overall production process..That fact in itself
seems very old-world type of thinking, which we could use a little more of
in today's world, in my opinion.

Bash if you want..it's mostly in frustration, experiences, and sometimes
good fun..but remember, they're still around, after 150 years of doing
business. To me, longevity is the most attractive feature of anything, be it
a company, or a human being.

jumping off my soap box,

-Phil Bondi (Fl.)
phil@philbondi.com