What is a Boston? <was Boston and Yamaha opinions wanted>

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 17:35:03 EST

In a message dated 2/21/03 9:47:54 PM !!!First Boot!!!, rrg@unlv.edu writes:

> Meanwhile the sales people on the showroom floor will actually have
> something new to say while the buyer considers their competitors products.
> Steinway produces a fine piano but it can be far better.  They owe it to
> themselves to bring the product up to the next level... just like their
> founders did.
>
> Rob Goodale, RPT
>  Las Vegas, NV

While I can see your point, it will be a hard sell to the Steinway people,
considering that sales of Steinway pianos are better now than they have ever
been. Not that there is anything wrong with ABS parts, and aluminum rails,
there is something to be said for wood parts and brass rails.  By the same
token, the question the Steinway brass will ask is, will those things, even
the aesthetic items you talked about, increase sales, or at least increase
them to the point it will offset the expense of developing the new parts?

Wim