What is a Boston? <was Boston and Yamaha opinions wanted>

Fri, 21 Feb 2003 20:32:53 +0100

I understand this of course... but sometimes I get the feeling that
there is more too all the Steinway criticisms then what might be
construed as constructive in orientation.  Not that I am accussing
anyone in particular mind you. :) But as I read some of the comments
dropped here and there by some on this list, and in other places... I
have to wonder just what Steinway could possibly do to please some of
these folks. Some just plain want to bash the big guy on the block, some
would like to Steinway build instruments differently, and some just
plain have interests that put them in a competitive position to
Steinway. And of course... mixed in with all this is some constructive
pressure to just plain improve their basic quality.

But in the end... I wonder what is eventually going to come out of it
all. I suppose time will tell. And lets hope it doesnt go the way of
Baldwin... and those that went before.

RicB

--
Richard Brekne