Hourly Rate

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 22:41:13 -0600

>I charge by the service call which gives the customer 1 1/2 hours of my
>time, then hourly after that(per customer approval).  Tuning rates around
>here range from 80(tooning rates....) to 150+ for a real show(tune;
>assistant cleans piano in and out; print out the receipt on the laptop
>while-u-watch).  Average is 100.00 to 110.00.  Hourly is probably 75-100.00.
>
>Dave S

Assistant!!?? What's the assistant get paid for providing the show biz
portion of the program, and what do you do while the inside/outside
cleaning is being performed? Also, is this inside/outside cleaning done
annually, semi-annually, or one time for the price, and does the price
change with the interval? Does the assistant ride with you throughout the
day, or meet you at specific appointments without being on the payroll for
every service call? How does the customer react to paying for two people
when only one is working at any given time? That is, unless you can tune
while the assistant is cleaning. How can a tuner support himself and an
assistant in California for only $100 per hour for two people? This sort of
service structure intrigues me, but I've never understood how it is
supposed to work

Ron N