Hourly Rate

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 23:11:48 EST

In a message dated 2/19/03 7:51:08 PM Pacific Standard Time,
pianolover88@hotmail.com writes:

> Well i don't know about the rate average in Chicago, but here in the Los
> Angeles area, 35 bucks is even rock bottom for Floor tuners. Average tuning
> fees in my area range from about $90-120; and that's for tuning ONLY. Pitch
> raise about $50 extra.

The SF Bay Area is kinda pricey, too.  But we DO have to live here in order
to provide this service.

I charge by the service call which gives the customer 1 1/2 hours of my time,
then hourly after that(per customer approval).  Tuning rates around here
range from 80(tooning rates....) to 150+ for a real show(tune; assistant
cleans piano in and out; print out the receipt on the laptop while-u-watch).
Average is 100.00 to 110.00.  Hourly is probably 75-100.00.

Dave S