In your "own" words

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 22:34:13 EST

Terry,

I use an analogy that everyone can understand...the sticky door jamb.  In a
humid season, the door is likely to stick.  When the air is dry, it opens and
closes freely.  Wood swells and contracts in reaction to the season.  A piano
is mostly wood, and parts will expand or contract, which will cause the
strings to tighten or loosen.  If they get it, you should get a couple of
tunings a year out of the client.  If they don't get it yet, then count on at
least one tuning a decade, whether the piano needs it or not.

Dave Stahl