Boston and Yamaha opinions wanted

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 22:34:51 EST

In a message dated 2/19/03 11:34:44 PM !!!First Boot!!!, cedel@supernet.com
writes:

> A local school is buying a new grand piano.  The music department chair
> is weighing the choice of either a Boston GP-193 or a Yamaha C3 or C5.
> For any of you who know these pianos and can give an unbiased opinion,
> which would you recommend?  Are there any strong or weak points of
> either model that we should consider?
>
> You may want to respond privately.  I have never tuned or worked on a
> Boston, so I'm not very well equipped to help her make the choice on
> this without some input.
>
> Regards,
> Clyde

Our department purchased a Boston 193 in September, and we love it. But that
doesn't mean it is any better or worse than a Yamaha. If this was my
situation, I would recommend for the director to make the decision on what he
personally likes in the tone, touch, etc. And then maybe the bottom line.

Wim