Boston and Yamaha opinions wanted

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 18:33:56 -0500

Friends,

For those of you qualified to make comparisons on the pianos I am about
to identify:

A local school is buying a new grand piano.  The music department chair
is weighing the choice of either a Boston GP-193 or a Yamaha C3 or C5.
For any of you who know these pianos and can give an unbiased opinion,
which would you recommend?  Are there any strong or weak points of
either model that we should consider?

You may want to respond privately.  I have never tuned or worked on a
Boston, so I'm not very well equipped to help her make the choice on
this without some input.

Regards,
Clyde