Steinway regulation

Tim Eaton t.eaton@bmts.com
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 21:29:08 -0500

Thanks for your input Keith. I suspect you are quite right about the =
fatigue factor. I'm not a concert level pianist myself but the piano I =
was looking at is used by a music festival and the teachers were =
complaining that the pedal was too hard to play. I first suspected that =
they were complaining because the younger students would mostly have =
older uprights at home and would not be used to a better grand with a =
stiffer pedal.
This particular piano also suffers from a surfeit of cardboard punchings =
 on the front rail- enough to choke a good- sized chipmunk. That's what =
caused me to start thinking about the key height. I suspect that =
correcting the height by measuring from the height of the key-slip bed =
will correct all the other complaints the owners have had from people =
who play their piano, most typically that it is too stiff.

Tim- tuning to stay warm in Canada.