DC humidifier improvement?

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@attbi.com
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 08:57:30 -0500

DC Humidifier unit.
     Seems to me that some unit which does not have
constantly exposed pads wicking up water sitting in
the piano would be better. Like a little box which
opens and blows moist air when required. the
humidifier is just putting moisture into the piano
while the heater bar is trying to remove it, IMHO.
This could add up to a lot of electricity, over the
years.
     Thump

Gordon,
	Problem #1 from my prospective would be noise from any blower
system and #2 You are assuming the little bar in the humidifier
generates more heat than a motor-fan in a "blower box" as you describe.
	Instead of wondering about electric use- why not do some
calculations or consult with D.C. .I'm sure they have some data on
electrical consumption of their products.
	Tom Driscoll