DC

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 22:40:47 -0500

Jonathan,
         Not to belabor the topic but are you saying that this method used
by Skuttle is truly steam not mist? I've always thought that the April air
units used a mist that kicked on when the blower / fan unit went on. What
is the water wall method? I don't see much of a difference between the
quality of the units where you say that one definitely has more of an
industrial flare to it. If that were true would it use a self piercing
water valve? If this is truly a steam generating unit how much good does
that really do? Does it not still have to get all the way through the duct
work and would it not become the simple mist along the way anyway? Do you
contend that this unit's own fan is strong enough to carry a column of
treated air throughout the entire duct work system as small of a fan as it
is? I think I'm just a little bit skeptical. I'll have to take your word
for the assertion that there are measurable differences but I think if I
were in the market for my home I would have to see more than just the
company literature on it. Thanks for telling us about it.

Greg Newell