Dangerous DC partial installations

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 18:16:09 -0500

David,

You are absolutely correct.  A conscientious Dampp-Chaser distributor
won't sell you a heat bar if they believe you will use it without a
control unit.

I had an old woman try very hard to get me to sell her just the bar with
no control, so she could save some money.  Had a nice Steinway grand, too,
although an older model riddled with vertigris.  I wouldn't do it.  It's
just a bad idea.

Sometimes I still sell partial systems consisting of only the heat bar(s)
and control unit.  I inform the client that it won't do the whole job, but
it's better than nothing.

Regards,
Clyde