DC - Selling

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 06:41:29 -0500

Mike,

Here is the main body of the guarantee I give with complete Dampp-Chaser
systems.  Is it risky?  Yeah, a little, but as I said, I've never been
asked to remove a system, and the extended guarantee has cost me
relatively little.

Regards,
Clyde

Limited Piano Climate Control System Guarantee
Complete System Only

All components of the Dampp-Chaser Climate Control System are guaranteed
by Dampp-Chaser Electronics Corporation to function properly for five
years.  You receive this guarantee at the time of installation.
SPECIAL: 2-year guarantee extension to a total
of 7 years by Hollinger Piano Service.  In addition, Hollinger Piano
Service offers a limited one-year money-back guarantee on the complete
system. This guarantee is valid only if the following items are adhered
to:

1.  Correction of the humidity level in the piano may cause the piano to
go out of tune soon after installation.  Pianos may need an extra tuning
within the first six months to stabilize the pitch.  Call if you wish to
schedule an extra tuning.  This tuning is your expense.  [I usually tune
the piano one month after installation anyway.]

2.  You need to keep the system plugged at all times into an outlet that
always receives current (is not affected by a switch).

3.  You need to fill the humidifier tank promptly whenever the light
blinks, using the water freshener as directed on the bottle.  Whenever
the light blinks, add one can [two cans for verticals with regular size
tanks].  Be sure not to fill the can above the marked line.  Otherwise
the tank may run over.

4.  You should assume the continuing need to have the piano tuned at
least every year.  Churches (or other locations where many people will
hear the piano at one time) or discriminating musicians may need to
continue their more frequent tuning schedule.

5.  Within the first year if at any time you feel the system is not
living up to your expectations or if you have a question, immediately
call Hollinger Piano Service at 717 626-0427.  If necessary I will make
a service call without charge to inspect the system, make adjustments as
needed, and retune if necessary (subject to #1 above).  If, at the end
of one year, the system has not improved the tuning stability of the
piano satisfactorily, you may request that the complete system be
removed and your money refunded, and it will be done.