Dampp-Chaser comment (was RE: RebuiltSteinway...TheGeneralIssues

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:16:56 +0100

Don wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> Why not simply show the client the promotional video. It clearly states
> that Steinway recommends Damppchasers. It includes endorsements from other
> piano makers as well. Too bad your Steinway "rep" is so wrong headed.

Well, I have shown that to a couple, but mostly people he has talked to wont
even look at it. And even those who do comment nearly immediatly that this is
not a Steinway Video. They choose to believe this guy. Remember we are still
kind of influenced by "old world" mentality here.

Its not that I am not making progress. I have 16 of these in the grands at the
University, and 10 -12 more scattered around. But not one on a Steinway yet.
This guy sort of threatens that the warranty will be voided, and that kind of
thing.

Now if I had a really clear official type statement leaving no doubt as to the
authenticity of the Steinway origion... I could nail this guy for this kind of
stuff once and for all. I know his first move would be to try and ridicule any
such document as being from "New York" and he has already declared that he and
some of his fellow minded European techs have decided to simply ignore
anything New York has to say.

Gets really frustrating as I am sure you can understand.... and it goes beyond
just DC needless to say. Anyways... so you see why the apparent stickyness to
detail on my part.

I do look forward to getting the letter from 1997 that Roger mentioned.

Thanks Don,

Cheers !

RicB

--