Dampp-Chaser comment (was RE: Rebuilt Steinway...TheGeneralIssues

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 08:05:30

Hi Richard,

Why not simply show the client the promotional video. It clearly states
that Steinway recommends Damppchasers. It includes endorsements from other
piano makers as well. Too bad your Steinway "rep" is so wrong headed.

At 09:23 AM 2/11/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Boy are you misreading things or what. Go back, and pass go again
>Keith... and if you dont figure out that I am a Damp Chaser enthusiast
>looking for tangeble evidence of official Steinway position... from
>Steinway then you are not reading closely enough.
>
>There is nothing hearsay about telling you all that my own direct
>inquiries with  Steinway into the matter yeilded the results I have. What
>"personal difficulties" you infer from my posts is your own
>construction... there are none.. but if you must know... the only
>Steinway representative in this country adamently condemns the use of
>Damp Chaser... which reasonably enough also fits well in with my
>questioning about just what Steinways official position is.
>Listen. There are more then a few individuals like myself who recommend
>DC to their customers, only to have a Steinway rep come and undermine
>their efforts. Perhaps this is less a problem over there then it is here.
>But it has been quite impossible to counter these underminings by being
>able to throw down a credible peice of documentation to these customers (
>and the reps involved) that discount their claims.

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.