Dampp-Chaser comment (was RE: Rebuilt Steinway...The GeneralIssues

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:23:03 +0100

kam544 wrote:

> >... tho admitedly there is a tentative nod given. All
> >this from 15 years ago.
>
> Which is all I quoted. At least it was documented, which all the rest
> of this post of yours is not. Just hearsay and personal difficulties
> you seem to be having in Norway.

Boy are you misreading things or what. Go back, and pass go again
Keith... and if you dont figure out that I am a Damp Chaser enthusiast
looking for tangeble evidence of official Steinway position... from
Steinway then you are not reading closely enough.

There is nothing hearsay about telling you all that my own direct
inquiries with  Steinway into the matter yeilded the results I have. What
"personal difficulties" you infer from my posts is your own
construction... there are none.. but if you must know... the only
Steinway representative in this country adamently condemns the use of
Damp Chaser... which reasonably enough also fits well in with my
questioning about just what Steinways official position is.

> Anyhow, now this list is fully aware of an even more current letter
> from Steinway, thanks to Roger Wheelock's post.

We havent seen that letter either. Yet... tho I look forward to getting a
copy.

> >...So... sorry... but I have to hang on to what Patton had to say on
> >the matter.  RicB
>
> That's fine. I didn't see anyone suggest you do such a thing anyway.
> All I posted was a 'for the record', and when challenged on that, I
> backed it up.

But Keith... nobody "challanged" anything of yours... shheeshh this isnt
personal or anything. One must be allowed to look for honest
clarifications without ruffling feathers.

Listen. There are more then a few individuals like myself who recommend
DC to their customers, only to have a Steinway rep come and undermine
their efforts. Perhaps this is less a problem over there then it is here.
But it has been quite impossible to counter these underminings by being
able to throw down a credible peice of documentation to these customers (
and the reps involved) that discount their claims.

And.... btw... thats not a personal problem Keith. Its purely a
proffesional situation.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.