opinionating the quality of other technicians.

w peterson wpeterson2@socal.rr.com
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 10:56:06 -0800

Keep it up and you will get sued.  You should say nothing.  You might =
say he generally does good work.PERIOD. =20

Bill Peterson
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Robert Goodale=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 10:41 AM
  Subject: opinionating the quality of other technicians.

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: "Ned Swift" <swiftspiano@hotmail.com>

  >  I have always avoided commenting on other technicians work in front =
of a customer even thought
  >  I may have a strong opinion about it.

  There are politically correct ways of handling these situations.
  Example:

  No:   "Jack Flange's does really bad work, you shouldn't use him".  He =
over charges and doesn't know what he's doing".

  Yes:  "I generally find it difficult to endorse Jack Flange in some =
cases.  Although he is a nice guy and I have nothing personally against =
him=20
            it is in my opinion that he requires enhancement on some of =
his techniques.  Perhaps in the future I will feel better about his=20
            skills and be more willing to recommend him."

  You need say no more.  They will get the idea.

  Rob Goodale, RPT
  Las Vegas, NV