opinionating the quality of other technicians.

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 10:41:25 -0800

----- Original Message -----=20
From: "Ned Swift" <swiftspiano@hotmail.com>

>  I have always avoided commenting on other technicians work in front =
of a customer even thought
>  I may have a strong opinion about it.

There are politically correct ways of handling these situations.
Example:

No:   "Jack Flange's does really bad work, you shouldn't use him".  He =
over charges and doesn't know what he's doing".

Yes:  "I generally find it difficult to endorse Jack Flange in some =
cases.  Although he is a nice guy and I have nothing personally against =
him=20
          it is in my opinion that he requires enhancement on some of =
his techniques.  Perhaps in the future I will feel better about his=20
          skills and be more willing to recommend him."

You need say no more.  They will get the idea.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV