Dampp-Chaser comment (was RE: Rebuilt Steinway...The GeneralIssues

Mon, 10 Feb 2003 23:47:03 +0100

Nice take you lay out below there Keith... Just what is it you mean to imply
there eh ??

I too have the letter now, thanks to John Ross. Very kind of him... and I am
greatful for it.

Upon reading the letter, I see no direct recommendation or endorsement in
that letter whatsoever, tho admitedly there is a tentative nod given. All
this from 15 years ago. And none of that changes the fact that today,
Steinway hedges from any such direct recommendation. I have personally heard
this directly from John Patton, and others have run into similiar hesitancy.
Nowhere in Steinways own promotional material is there such a recommendation.
So... sorry... but I have to hang on to what Patton had to say on the matter.

And before anyone jumps to any other conclusions.... like I said...I would be
personally delighted to have official confirmation from Steinway anno 2003 as
to their endorsement of DC. It would make selling them a lot easier over
here.

Cheers !

RicB

--