OPINION: Deb takes list down treacherous path!!

Ned Swift swiftspiano@hotmail.com
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 13:13:20 -0500

David

I think that you are right in your concerns regarding this matter.  I have
always avoided commenting on other technicians work in front of a customer
even thought I may have a strong opinion about it.  Since I don't' know the
circumstances associated with the work, any views that I have about the work
are suppositions at best and not facts.  More to the point, if you bad mouth
technicians or dealers or even manufacturers without having substantial
facts, you leave your self open to liable.  Even if you do have substantial
facts to back up your claim, you can still be sued for liable.  A friend of
mind is a corrosion consultant.  He is regularly sued, unsuccessfully,
several times a year.  Proctor and Gambles have sued many people over rumors
regarding their corporate logo.  We all need to be careful about what we
say.

Ned Swift
Lowell, MI.