Dampp-Chaser comment (was RE: Rebuilt Steinway...The General Issues

kam544 kam544@gbronline.com
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 11:55:13 -0600

>... My experience has been that Steinway has been extremely reticent
>in recommencing the use of DampChasers, as they have no control over
>the quality of the installation, nor the dependability of the
>product itself.
>David Skolnik

For the record:

Steinway & Sons
"The installation of a Dampp-Chaser Humidity Control System can, in
our opinion, provide a degree of climate control for the piano which
may not be otherwise attainable."

(from the publication If You Value The Piano by Dampp-Chaser)

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild