More plastic vs. CLP

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 07:18:28 -0700

Hi David,
Your order went out on the 24 of January.
That is the second one that is late in the mail.
Makes one wonder if they are having to open all packages to see what is =
inside them.
Goose Juice should work better in the situation that you describe as =
moisture ( without wood to swell ) seems to make things slippier, like =
sliding arround on ice covered roads. <G>
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Piannaman@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2003 1:26 AM
  Subject: More plastic vs. CLP

  Techs,=20

  Winter in central California often means sluggishness in pianos, =
because many people choose to leave windows open in the vicinity of =
pianos, just to let in a little "fresh" air, which is usually quite =
damp.=20

  Went out to yet another house where another Kawai upright had a =
"sticky key".  The hammer flange bushing was once again the culprit.  =
According to a response or two I got to my last post, the plastic wasn't =
the culprit.  Since this piano is less than a year old, and the pins =
aren't corroded, I once again tried CLP to determine if it would work on =
centers in plastic parts.  =20

  I won't say that it didn't help at all, but the lubricity effect was =
minimal, at best.  Inadequate would be a better description.  Nothing =
like what CLP does on wood parts(even in funky old instruments that =
would be better off put to sleep).  .=20

  I anxiously await my shipment of Goose Juice(and summer!).=20

  Dave Stahl