More plastic vs. CLP

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 03:26:46 EST

Techs,

Winter in central California often means sluggishness in pianos, because many
people choose to leave windows open in the vicinity of pianos, just to let in
a little "fresh" air, which is usually quite damp.

Went out to yet another house where another Kawai upright had a "sticky key".
 The hammer flange bushing was once again the culprit.  According to a
response or two I got to my last post, the plastic wasn't the culprit.  Since
this piano is less than a year old, and the pins aren't corroded, I once
again tried CLP to determine if it would work on centers in plastic parts.

I won't say that it didn't help at all, but the lubricity effect was minimal,
at best.  Inadequate would be a better description.  Nothing like what CLP
does on wood parts(even in funky old instruments that would be better off put
to sleep).  .

I anxiously await my shipment of Goose Juice(and summer!).

Dave Stahl