Breaking strings on a new Kawai grand

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Tue, 04 Feb 2003 16:07:51 -0500

Byron,
         I doubt very seriously that there could be any kind of a flaw that
you would not already have caught. I sounds as though she is (they are)
beating the snot out of this poor piano. Have you noticed whether or not
you are replacing strings you've already replaced once before? This would
be the "tell all" for me. If so it's their fault for sure. If not, it could
have been a bad batch of string.
         I don't quite understand the need people have to play this hard. I
would think it would be quite painful. Not only on the hands but on the
ears as well. Go figure.

Greg Newell