Service calls: was Re: ETD's accurate?

Sun, 22 Sep 2002 19:52:14 -0700

Hazen:

Just one other comment.  I rarely find that a piano needs only tuning.  =
Even on a piano that I service regularly, lubrication, touching up the =
voicing, spot checking the regulation, adjusting the pedals always =
yields results.  On a regularly serviced piano I can do these things =
very quickly.   Even on my "tuning only" calls, I will be aware of these =
things as I am tuning and take a few minutes to address the most =
noticeable things--usually voicing.  Aside from tuning, that's where =
your work will really be noticed. =20

David Love

=20
  From: HazenBannister@cs.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: September 22, 2002 6:34 PM
  Subject: Re: ETD's accurate?

  Just being inquisitive,what do you do, at a regular =
customers,home,school,church,if there is nothing to do but tune? I =
charge so much for a tuning,pitch raise,anything that gets done,but a =
lot of times,on regular customers that I've seviced for years,all it =
needs is tuning.=20
  Best,=20
  Hazen Bannister=20