Voicing

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 23:25:35 -0500

>>Do you find the Isaacs interchangeable with Renners or Abels in pianos with
>>your new boards as well as with original boards, or boards built to the
>>original design?
>>
>>Ron N
>
>          Ron
>         No. Renners and Abels are an untenable match in the pianos I put
> boards in.  I've had similar results as you in that the  Ronsen and Isaac
> hammers are very close to where I want them. (Stwy hammers are another
> story but I like them.) I do less to the Ronsen than the Isaacs. A like a
> bit of juice in the bass for bite and some of the last octave of treble
> hammers.

So does this mean you're using a softer hammer in your board replacements
than you are with original boards?

>    As I've said before I used to sell the Issac hammer and have hung and
> juiced/voiced dozens of sets. It's a great hammer for
> Masons,Kawais,Yamaha. I'm not as crazy about them in stnwys in general
> but have several sets that are the best I've ever heard. The wear factors
> are amazing.

And are these pianos with the original soundboards?

>     My point was consistency of his product and how there treated during
> manufacture. On many occasions I use to pre juice hammers I sold when I
> could tell they were to soft. I sent them out and didn't get complaints,
> but I knew the product. I'd always get complaints about too soft a set
> and I hated it.
>      Does that cover it?>>Dale

And my point was and is the difference in hammer requirements between a
factory original board and a redesigned replacement board that is working
in a reasonably efficient manner. I can't tell if that covers it or not.
Are you agreeing or disagreeing?

Ron N