Voicing

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 23:45:25 EDT

In a message dated 9/19/2002 1:51:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
RNossaman@cox.net writes:

> Do you find the Isaacs interchangeable with Renners or Abels in pianos with
> your new boards as well as with original boards, or boards built to the
> original design?
>
> Ron N

         Ron
        No. Renners and Abels are an untenable match in the pianos I put
boards in.  I've had similar results as you in that the  Ronsen and Isaac
hammers are very close to where I want them. (Stwy hammers are another story
but I like them.) I do less to the Ronsen than the Isaacs. A like a bit of
juice in the bass for bite and some of the last octave of treble hammers.
   As I've said before I used to sell the Issac hammer and have hung and
juiced/voiced dozens of sets. It's a great hammer for Masons,Kawais,Yamaha.
I'm not as crazy about them in stnwys in general but have several sets that
are the best I've ever heard. The wear factors are amazing.
    My point was consistency of his product and how there treated during
manufacture. On many occasions I use to pre juice hammers I sold when I could
tell they were to soft. I sent them out and didn't get complaints, but I knew
the product. I'd always get complaints about too soft a set and I hated it.
     Does that cover it?>>Dale