Politics & religion

Elian Degen J. elian_degen@cantv.net
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 20:24:08 -0400

Very well said Dave
I agree with you on that

Elian
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David M. Porritt=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2002 19:25
  Subject: Politics & religion

  Dearest List Members:

  I have the widest possible acceptance for topics both on topic and =
off.  We are, as it has been pointed out many times, both piano =
technicians and human beings.  We discuss things in our lives that =
interest us.  This includes many topics not involving pianos.  ok.

  Two topics that NEVER convince anyone in an argument are politics and =
religion.  I have never been persuaded in either topic by an argument.  =
If anyone of you has ever changed your mind in either of these areas =
because of an argument, please let me know.  I've never seen it before.  =

  The one thing that can be assured when either of these items come up, =
is an argument, then a fight, then a war.  I am personally a man both of =
religious faith, and political persuasion.  I'm not embarrassed by the =
discussion of either.  However, on this list it always degenerates to =
name calling, denigration of character, and verbal assault.  Some are =
hurt, no one is helped.  Temperaments might bring on harsh words, but at =
least they are on topic.

  Thanks,

  dave
David M. Porritt