Open Forum for Humans (was Re: new list features)

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 19:26:40 -0700

>> As with all such forums, cyberspaced or not,
>> there is and will always be a mix
>> of serious discussion, small talk, unbridled
>> infighting, utter nonsensical
>> chatting, along with some measure of shoulder
>> rubbing, head clapping, side
>> kicking, arse smooching, ear nibbling, and the
>> rest of what you can expect when
>> you put a hundred or so humans in the same room
>> together and allow them to
>> be.... human.
>> --
>> Richard Brekne
>
>Well put, Ric.  And why would one expect it, or want it, to be otherwise?  If
>you went to another technician's shop because you wanted him to show you how
>to do something, and while showing you, he talked about the weather, or made
>some jokes, would you say, 'Hey, I'm a busy guy.  I don't have time for this
>BS.  Just give me useful technical information.'?
>
>Phil F

Yes, yes......good job, boys.  Life is life, full of richness,
profundity, small talk, humor, craft, philosophy, spirit, anger, love,
the whole range.  This list is just that---the whole range.  I love it;
wouldn't have it any other way.
Thank you all posters, for your complex and generally beautiful
natures.....David Andersen