[pianotech] re: the true properties of EBVT

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 18:40:52 -0700

>As for tolerance of Equal Beating intervals, it has always been my working
>assumption that comparing rapidly beating intervals affords a very high
>degree of precision, about the highest which can be expected in aural
>tuning.
> The F2-A4 and F2-Fork test being a prime example:  1 cent or under error
>expected.

Interesting.  In the last 4 years, I have had exactly the opposite
experience.  Once I started to focus on the slowly rolling, equal
"beating fourths, my aural tuning got more precise and musical by a huge
magnitude.

Every head a planet, as I've said before;; the bottom line:

Do I love the way it sounds?  If I do, then it's my experience that I
blow the player/s away.
For me, it's just that simple.

Trust your ears more than the tests.

Best, David Andersen