Very Scary Instrument Thought

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Sun, 08 Sep 2002 08:54:05 -0700

A number of years ago when I ran the rebuilding shop for a dealer I
arrived one morning to find this huge old Wurlitzer harp sitting in the
middle of the floor.  There were no strings on the instrument.  The man
who owned it bought it for his wife for "decorating their house."  I
never spoke with the owner directly, I was simply "instructed" to
install piano strings on the harp.  Oh.... goody.   For most of the day
I struggled to bend piano wire so that it would fit on the thing and
somehow make it look like it belonged there.  They wanted bass strings
on it too which looked really stupid.   When I finished it looked
nothing short of ridiculous but I was told that the owner was
"delighted".  Wee for them.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV