speaking of front rail bushings

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Thu, 05 Sep 2002 14:46:38 -0400

At 02:11 PM 9/5/2002 -0400, you wrote:

> > I've gotten three answers to think about. 1. replace the keytops. 2.
> > cut the punchings. 3. replace the punching with smaller ones.
> >
> > What to do, what to do?
> >
> > I'll let you know later what I've decided.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Wim

Another reason to recover the tops:

The sharps are now set at a steeper angle than the naturals to attain their
proper height.
This angle alters the inertia and slightly raises the touchweight.

The idea is to make the keys consistent from one to the other, not
exaggerated their differences.

Bite the bullet, change the tops; your regulation will thank you for it.

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@attbi.com