key bushings

Thu, 05 Sep 2002 20:45:43 +0200

Newton.. this is not in my experience. I have seen this kind of bowing in both bent and not bent bushings and just about as often in the one as in the other. I have always assumed it had to do with poorly distributed glue. In anycase, I never bend when rebushing,  and since (some years back) starting to be carefull to make sure the glue is equally
distributed over the entire width of the felt I have not ever experienced any such bowing.

I dont quite get the paper analogy... I mean you dont have this like solid and flat piece of wood that is glued onto the back side in the picture... and if you did.... grin... well I kinda gotta think the paper would lie just as flat... bent or not.

JMV

RicB

--
Richard Brekne