A PLEDGE re: Tuning the Duplex (was ...Capo)

Alan R. Barnard mathstar@salemnet.com
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 21:11:11 -0500

Thanks for the warning. We'll be watching you!=20

Of course, it is true that you can't get a pearl without irritating the =
oyster. But when "fun" becomes hard feelings among colleagues who are =
trying to help each other and battling many of the same battles, it =
seems a little unseemly, to me.

Alan

P.S. I'll bet you have ugly feet.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Kevin E. Ramsey=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 8:34 PM
  Subject: Re: A PLEDGE re: Tuning the Duplex (was ...Capo)

  Gee, Alan, I'd love to take the Pledge, but I can't; not because I'm =
want to become self-righteous and unable to learn new things, that could =
never happen because I have so much to learn, but DANG!, It's fun =
sometimes to intentionally offend and irritate some of the people some =
of the time.=20
    Man, people are touchy on this net!

    Let's make a pact: I pledge to never intentionally offend anyone =
here and I
    pledge to never take offense when none was offered. I will keep my =
ego in
    check lest I become self-righteous and unable to learn new things.

    Anyone care to join in the pact?

    Hope it doesn't offend anyone ...

    Alan R. Barnard
    Salem, MO