No subject

97-03-01 17:47:13 EST

Dear List,

Yesterday I tuned Young Change grand G 012805.  The piano sounds lovely,
but the una chorda does not.

If you use the una chorda gingerly, all is well.  If you depress it fairly
quickly, there is a sharp, loud squeak.  If I had had hours to spend, I
might have solved it, but the few attempts I made were futile.

It seems that the problem is in the area of the keybed, and it sounded
loudest near the left side.  Is this problem unique to this individual
piano?  Or have other Young Changs exhibited the same?

Any suggestions?

Arlie D. Rauch